Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nice to meet you all

hi im Ravencast, ive been a big fan of King's Quest for years and years. ive got the GOG re-releases of them all and also the AGD remakes of 1,2,3 but sadly part 4 is the only one not brought up to the KQV level it deservesSad I was thrilled to see that there was a group out there trying to correct that fact and anything I could do to help in anyway just ask. For along time now ive told my nieces and nephews about the old KQ series and how good it was it would be great to be able to show them it all first hand.

ps cant wait to try the demoBig Grin

Thank you, Raven (can I call you Raven?) and welcome.

I know what you mean, man.  I felt the same way when I joined this group, particularly after the Magic Mirror group's project appeared to be shut down.  I wish I could say we've made significant progress since our demo, but... the passing of Karen- our artist and my predecessor as project leader- has made the project a daunting task.  Nevertheless, we are continuing to do the best we can to honor Karen, by finishing her project.  I hope you enjoy the demo.

(13-01-2015, 11:25 PM)Jack Stryker Wrote:  

Thank you, Raven (can I call you Raven?) and welcome.

I know what you mean, man.  I felt the same way when I joined this group, particularly after the Magic Mirror group's project appeared to be shut down.  I wish I could say we've made significant progress since our demo, but... the passing of Karen- our artist and my predecessor as project leader- has made the project a daunting task.  Nevertheless, we are continuing to do the best we can to honor Karen, by finishing her project.  I hope you enjoy the demo.

I heard about that I'm so sorry for your lossSad

i know its rough moving on when you lose a key member of a team.

sadly i wasnt able to play the demo the link made my anti virus go off and it burned the download: /

side question, the original KQ4 wasnt al that incomplete in and of itself, mainly it needed voice acting and a new UI and it would have been just under par with KQ5, has anyone ever considered just making a mod for the game?

Gee, I don't know... that sounds tempting, but we want the fans to see Karen's art work.  If we just mod the original game, we probably aren't doing her much honor.

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to download the demo.  If you'd like to watch it in action though, here's a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaUYpeDWB24

Modding means changing the game using Sierra's SCI engine which is it's own scripting language.

Then we will need to change objects buy they should still be the exact same size etc...

We are remaking it from scratch using the AGS scripting framework - thus we are able to add mouse support!! and have the upper toolbar etc.

Not to mention removing those pesky dead ends.

And - most important, we didn't just upgrade the graphics, we have gorgeos graphics now done in 3d!

i get that really, was only curious, but honoring your friends work is important. Im a long time player of these kind of games and a huge fan of this series if there is anything i can help with or input i could add that maybe useful please let me knowBig Grin oh and i finally got the demo running^.^ i love it!