Perils of Rosella 3D Remake Forums
Demo feedback thread - Printable Version

+- Perils of Rosella 3D Remake Forums (https://unicorntales.org/kq4-perilsofrosella-remake/forum)
+-- Forum: King's Quest IV 3D Remake (https://unicorntales.org/kq4-perilsofrosella-remake/forum/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: KQ4 3D Remake (https://unicorntales.org/kq4-perilsofrosella-remake/forum/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: Demo feedback thread (/thread-28.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Demo feedback thread - Jack Stryker - 29-04-2013

Just so everyone knows, I'll be posting a new reply every time the demo is updated and switching the link in my first post to the updated one.

The current update has fixed the bug that causes icons to become unusable. Big thanks to those of you who pointed it out.

RE: Demo feedback thread - jfrisby - 30-04-2013

Really enjoyed your demo! Loved the close-up zooms, sharks, and taking the three piles of treasure into the ocean. Nice!

RE: Demo feedback thread - Alex Raines - 02-05-2013

Think I goofed and posting this in the wrong spot. Here it is in the right spot!

Hi, I'm new here and first wanted to say hello. KQ IV was always my
favorite game, and it's great to see you working on a remake for it.
Secondly, I just played the demo that was posted and was blown away!
Fantastic job! I'm very excited to see this project all come together,
and if it continues to look and feel the way the demo is, it will be a
real winner! Smile

RE: Demo feedback thread - MMMWhiskey - 03-05-2013

Great demo. The game looks awesome. Can't wait for the finished project!

RE: Demo feedback thread - ltcolonel97062 - 07-05-2013

Get rid of the stupid shark! It eats me, no matter where I go. Either get rid of the shark or put a gun or knife somewhere, so rosella can kill it. Whats this garbage about a treasure chest?! There is none on the little island and how do you get to Tamir? A walkthrough would be nice. Even for the demo.

RE: Demo feedback thread - Jack Stryker - 07-05-2013

(07-05-2013, 06:21 PM)ltcolonel97062 Wrote:  Get rid of the stupid shark! It eats me, no matter where I go. Either get rid of the shark or put a gun or knife somewhere, so rosella can kill it. Whats this garbage about a treasure chest?! There is none on the little island and how do you get to Tamir? A walkthrough would be nice. Even for the demo.

Whoa, whoa, easy there!

First of all, you need to move quickly to avoid the shark, but he'll go away after about 3 screens or so.  Just keep on moving in the same direction, and do not dally on one screen for long, until the music fades.  Second, the chest is hidden good but it is there.  Hint: they don't call it *buried* treasure for nothing.  As for getting to Tamir, did you get the whistle from the pelican?  That whistle is your ticket off the island, but you'll need to use some items inside the chest in order to fix it first.  Of course, while Tamir is too far away to swim, you will need to get something from the ocean in order to open the chest.  Climb the tree and look in each direction until you spot it.

RE: Demo feedback thread - ltcolonel97062 - 08-05-2013

That still doesn't help me. How about this. Just do a walkthrough for the demo and that will help me, way more than stupid hints, that are just pointless. In the original, there was no treasure chest on the little island. You just gave the seagull the fish and he gave you the whistle and you used the wistle to call a dolphin, who took you to Tamir. I love remakes, but hate how the ones who do the remakes add extra or new stuff in their games. Knock it off. Stick with the original puzzles, instead of making new ones, that are way too difficult to solve.

RE: Demo feedback thread - ltcolonel97062 - 08-05-2013

I beat it to. Finally. Again. Quit adding new things. Its really annoying and in my opinion, dumb. Stick with the original puzzles, makes everyone happy.

RE: Demo feedback thread - Mike0908 - 08-05-2013

The only one complaining is you. Everyone else loves the demo and the additions. I know I do. If you don't like it then don't play it.

RE: Demo feedback thread - Jack Stryker - 08-05-2013

Now listen here, Ltcolonel!

The purpose of the new things- that *you* don't like- is to make the game more interesting and give players more things to do, so that they don't just breeze through it and then yawn with boredom.  Because that's exactly what most players would do if the game were just like the original.  AGDInteractive knew this and that's why they made their remakes of King's Quest 2 and 3 and Quest for Glory 2 they way they did. I played those games and while I struggled with them all,- particularly QFG2- my struggles kept me playing and made it feel that much better when I got past those parts.

For example: in the end of the thief's story in QFG2, you're supposed to use your magic rope to cross from one balcony to another and stop the villain from performing his ritual.  Once you do cross, the rope disappears from having its magic spent.

In the QFG2 remake, you do the same thing, only this time the villain's henchman; who only gets what's coming to him in the fighter and wizard stories in the original, attempts to cut your magic rope and finds that it won't cut.  So he decides to come after you.  Sure, this made that part of the game harder, knowing that another evil villain was chasing you with the intent to kill you, but it made the effort more rewarding by having said villain fall to his death when the rope disappeared.

Furthermore, like Mike said, *you* are the only one complaining here.  Have you even read any of the other posts on this forum?  Everyone else who's played the demo and posted here has enjoyed it.  And the ones who struggled with it got by just fine with my hints. Therefore, I seriously doubt your theory of making *everyone* happy by keeping it exactly the same as the original.  If you don't like the way the team is making this game, nobody is forcing you to play it.