Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Troll Silhouette

(This came in an email from one of the fans)

Hi first of all I am watching the game and want to commend the team for their effort.

Ive been practically dying for a KQ4 remake and Iam so happy to see this project surviving. I am writing to give a suggestion and ask a question.

suggestion: instead of showing the cave troll maybe try to show only a silhouette of it? There is a thrill of not seeing him but the player can't predict if he's coming so that would help.

My question is are you doing Easter eggs?
I love the version of Rosella in the castle and the royal family looks perfect and true to the series.Please keep up the good work!

I like that suggestion.  It reminds me of my favorite Iron Maiden song: Fear of the Dark.

"Fear of the dark, fear of the dark,

I have a constant fear that something's always near.

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark,

I have a phobia that someone's always there." :p

Yeah, I'd like it if the troll wasn't ever completely visible, but there were signs indicating that he was nearby and that you should hide or get away quickly.  Kind of like the invisible Terminator's footprints in Space Quest 3.

Say... maybe that song quote I mentioned (or at least half of it) could be used as the death screen message if Rosella gets caught by him.

I agree with you, Rosella.  I think it would be more thrilling to just see the silhouette of the troll.  I always thought that was a cool part of the game (even though trying to get past the troll can be a pain).  Keep up the good work Smile

(28-02-2013, 05:57 PM)Ellivia22 Wrote:  

I agree with you, Rosella.  I think it would be more thrilling to just see the silhouette of the troll.  I always thought that was a cool part of the game (even though trying to get past the troll can be a pain).  Keep up the good work Smile

Agreed as well.