Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tribute to Karen...

I hope this does not come across as a distasteful proposition, but, if you bear with me, for a couple of lines, I will try to express my thoughts.

I only learned of Karen's passing today, when the news were announced in the AGS forum. To say that I was shocked, would be an immense understatement, and I think it will take me some time to come to terms with the fact, that Karen is gone.

I first came in contact with her, during the early stages of Magic Mirror Games' remake of KQ4. She showed every sign of being a brilliant artist, even then, and, when we discovered that we both lived in Norway, we did a fair bit of corresponding on the side, apart from speaking in the forums.

I never met her in person, but we had some loose talk about meeting, next summer, and, as I got to know her quite well, I am very sad indeed, to think that this will now never happen.

This may sound silly, but I remember a small discussion in the AGS forums, about whose picture is over the mantlepiece in the haunted mansion. I put forward the idea that it may have been Roberta Williams, herself, and made a remark about maybe the picture should have been substituted by a picture of her, Karen, that is, instead. Or words to that effect, anyway.

And here is my little idea: Would it be possible to let the picture be a portrait of Karen, in your remake? It could, perhaps symbolise her creative spirit, which, of course is everywhere in the game, anyhow, but it may serve as a nice tribute. If the player clicked the portrait, Rosella could make a suitable honourary comment.

I hope I have not offended anyone in proposing this, and I am sure the team has allready considered many options in how to pay tribute to Karen, but as I read the sad news in the AGS forums today, this thought sprang, imidiately to mind, and I felt I had to share it...

Messages In This Thread
Tribute to Karen... - by smaug - 08-12-2013, 02:37 PM
RE: Tribute to Karen... - by Jack Stryker - 08-12-2013, 06:11 PM
RE: Tribute to Karen... - by Rosella - 09-12-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Tribute to Karen... - by Jack Stryker - 15-04-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Tribute to Karen... - by Isaac45 - 02-05-2014, 01:05 PM
RE: Tribute to Karen... - by Isaac45 - 21-05-2014, 06:47 AM
RE: Tribute to Karen... - by Jack Stryker - 21-05-2014, 11:14 AM