Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

pretty birds

Did you know there is a tropical bird called an Eastern Rosella? It is related to the Stanley Parakeet. I like beautiful birds with bright pretty colors. I've had pet parakeets and a cockatiel.  They can be sweet little birds with good personalities. I am wary of bigger parrots like macaws and cockatoos. There is a major difference between cockatiels and cockatoos. They are totally different species. Cockatoos are big, usually white of pale peach, they had yellow crest feathers on their heads, peach cockatoos have peach head crests, I think they move them up and down according to their moods. They have big sharp gray/black beaks that look like they could take a finger off.  Their scaly feet are dark, gray and black, with sharp claws. 

Cockatiels are much smaller. They are usually yellow and gray, sometimes with white. usually they have a pattern of gray and yellow on their feathers on the back, wings and tail. They have a yellow head and yellow crest feathers, much smaller than cockatoos. Cockatiels have cute little orange circles on their cheeks, a yellow orange beak, and black eyes that are lively and friendly looking. My cockatiel liked to peck at shiny things, so did my parakeets/budgies. I think a lot of birds like shiny things. Sometimes my birds would give me 'bird kisses' little gentle pecks on my lips, nose and cheeks, if they were mad at me they would bite me, they didn't like to be petted that much. Sometimes my cockatiel like for me to rub her crest feathers, sometimes y budgies would let me pet their chests.  Sometimes the birds would rub their soft feathers against my skin. THe birds also liked to peck and play with my glasses or any jewelry I was wearing. Little birds can be sweet pets, but they make such a mess! They poop everywhere, you have to clean their cage often, change the newspaper, (someone once said the only thing newspaper was good for is the bottom of the bird cage.) Clean up includes vaccuming or sweeping up the area around the cage, making sure your bird is healthy, it can be dificult to find a vet that is good with birds, is difficult to take care of aging senior birds. I've heard the big parrots live longer than people, so parrot owners have to put them in their will. 

Now, about Rosella and birds, the Eastern Rosella is very pretty, it lives around New Zealand, not sure if it lives in Australia, Australia has some cool birds, cockatoos and cockatiels, parakeets, lorrikeets, a lot of pretty birds are from Australia and surrounding Pacific islands. Peacocks are very popular and have been taken all around the world, it is semi-domestic, there is a peacock on Genesta's island, and a cockatoo, and a swan, a lovebird. Maybe a sun conure, not sure. Swans are also semi-domestic and have been taken all over the world in parks and gardens. Aparently I'm not the only one that likes pretty birds. 

As for ravens, they live in northern cold climates and hvve a lot of grim mythology associated with them, like death and war. The Vikings and Celts revered them as messengers of death, they deterinded how many would die in a battle, the raven in the Tower of London had their wings clipped so they could not leave, because if they did the British kingdom would fall. Ravens were associated with death goddesses and gods, A raven would be the perfect pet for sinister Lolotte.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to paradiserose for this post:
  • Jack Stryker

That is pretty interesting.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Sierra was a fan of those birds and decided to name the character after them.

I've worked at a Disneyland restaurant and, since its dining area is mostly outdoors, we'd often see ducks walking around.  While they, too, were pretty friendly and fun to watch, there are very few scents in this world worse than their poop; which isn't the easiest thing in the world to clean up either.

In addition to all those birds, Genesta also owns the magic hen; whom Rosella rescues from the ogres and Lolotte.

Yeah, it does seem fitting then, that Lolotte would have such a pet.

(12-02-2024, 02:44 PM)Jack Stryker Wrote:  That is pretty interesting.  I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Sierra was a fan of those birds and decided to name the character after them.

I've worked at a Disneyland restaurant and, since its dining area is mostly outdoors, we'd often see ducks walking around.  While they, too, were pretty friendly and fun to watch, there are very few scents in this world worse than their poop; which isn't the easiest thing in the world to clean up either.

In addition to all those birds, Genesta also owns the magic hen; whom Rosella rescues from the ogres and Lolotte.

Yeah, it does seem fitting then, that Lolotte would have such a pet.
Yeah, they can be very stinky. My mom likes chickens.  I thought Rosellea's name came from a 'rose' name, like Rosetta or Roselle.  I am working on a story with princesses and gardens. I wish I could make my own computer adventure came, but I am too ignorant of computer programing and technology. I want to be a writer and artist. I need to catch up on my stories, I am behind.