Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

happy game memories

In this thread, post any pleasant memories you have from playing any of the old Sierra games. It can be from King's Quest, Space Quest, Laura Bow, Quest for Glory, anything.

I'll start with one from back when I was a kid and watched one of my brothers play the SCI version of King's Quest 1.  When he got to the giant's location, he tried playing the fiddle near the giant, just to see what would happen.  The giant of course, squashed him afterwards.  So we joked about how the giant was probably all like, "I HATE MUSIC!" as he jumped on Graham.  We all had a good laugh at that and I still do to this day.

So, anyone have any more?

I have a very fond memory from one of the Space Quests (I fail to remember which) where Roger was in this mall and had skates on his feet, and he had to skate away from the bad guys.

I remember me and my friends skating there and laughing our way as the bad guys ran after us.

It was so many years back and i don't remember the details, but i remember laughing and enjoying every moment of it.

Ah yes, that would be SQIV.  Or strictly speaking, he was in SQX at the time, heheh...

That reminds me of another one, where my brother was doing the burger-making mini game at the Monolith Burger there and said it was better than his first job; working at one of the mall restaurants in our town.

(10-01-2013, 01:46 PM)Jack Stryker Wrote:  

In this thread, post any pleasant memories you have from playing any of the old Sierra games. It can be from King's Quest, Space Quest, Laura Bow, Quest for Glory, anything.

I'll start with one from back when I was a kid and watched one of my brothers play the SCI version of King's Quest 1.  When he got to the giant's location, he tried playing the fiddle near the giant, just to see what would happen.  The giant of course, squashed him afterwards.  So we joked about how the giant was probably all like, "I HATE MUSIC!" as he jumped on Graham.  We all had a good laugh at that and I still do to this day.

So, anyone have any more?

My fondest memories were with King's Quest 4 (of course ;D) King's Quest 6 and King's Quest 7.  I remember being absolutely thrilled at the prospect of playing not only a female lead character, but a Princess who takes the reins and gets stuff done HERSELF.  That was pretty rare back then, and even now, games with female leads seem to be more for the eyecandy than anything.  I accidentally ran out of time because I was just exploring the land of Tamir in complete awe...Then with King's Quest 6, the scenary and dialogue was stunning on it's own (with no disrespect towards KQ5...I just *HATE* Cedric, lol)  I loved the puzzles, I loved the story, EVERYTHING!  I think the best part about it was playing with my brother seated next to me, and I admit we did QUITE a lot of improved dialogue and MST3K type heckling. =P  That, and we kind of worked as a team in beating the game, so that was definitely a plus. =)

Then, I remember seeing King's Quest 7 at one of our stores, and I almost screamed I was so excited!!  I immediately bought it, and couldn't stop playing it.  I loved how there were definitely elements of KQ4 within the game, and seeing Valenice playing a major role other than being the damsel in distress or just in the backgorund was really cool and a pretty original concept having the middle-aged Queen be one of the main players.  The animation and character design kind of reminded me of something you'd see in Don Bluth films...And is it just me, or did anyone else find "Troll Rosella" to be absolutely ADORABLE???  I seriously want to make a Troll Rosella plushie one day!!!  <3

My first memory of Sierra games, I was talking to my friend on the phone. He was playing a new game called King's Quest IV. He was narrating the experience to me and described that he was in a forest and there was an ogre. I told him "attack him with your sword!" He informed me that he did not have a sword and that every time he got near the ogre, he got "grabbed by the braids and dragged off to an untimely end!" And thus began my macabre journey in trying to discover just how MANY untimely ends Rosella could meet!Tongue out

My fondest memory is playing KQVI with both of my broethers while growing up.  I also remember fondly how KQIV was the first one that I beat, followed by KQVI.  I also have fond memories of calling my brother up and asking him for hints on how to get past a certian level.  But unlike my brothers, I've beat all of the KQ games and Laura Bow games.  I have yet to play the Space Quest games though.  I have to try those next Smile

KQ 4 was the first one that i really didnt put down till i won it.I also enjoyed all of them,especially the remakes-KQ 3 Redux and VI.Laura Bow was good too,but never won the second one.I won the whole Space Quest series.

In KQIV, it would have to be exploring Whatley Manor house for the first time. The Manor house is probably what I am most looking forward to seeing in the new game as well. Smile I've played most of the older Sierra games. Anyone play much Police Quest, or Leisure Suit Larry as well?

Ah, the haunted house.  Yes, I can't wait to see how the team presents it in this game either.  I'll bet once they're done with it, the only thing they could do to make it more creepy would be to add in the theme music from Unsolved Mysteries.

I never got much into Leisure Suit Larry, but I did play through the first two Police Quests.

In fact... I remember one time in PQ2, I went around in the sewer shooting my gun everywhere just for fun.  Then I was surprised when I saw a huge explosion, and soon realized it was because I shot the methane gas deposit.  That made me laugh my head off for who knows how long.

I never did get very far in PQ3 though, as I couldn't get the driving down very well.  However, I did have a demo for SWAT 2 and I always chose Sonny as my element leader whenever I played it.