Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Favorite "Untimely End" for Rosella...

We've been tasked with starting up some discussion in the forum, so I'll start with my favorite topic: Rosella's game overs. What's your favorite one? Or which do you think is the scariest? Or better yet... which one did Rosella have coming to her the most due to foolish decisions? Your answers can come from either KQIV or KQVII...

For me, I'd go with getting zapped into a pile of salt by Lolotte for foolishly waking her up. I often thought Rosella was SO close to completing her quest and she goes and screws it up there at the end. I often imagined she contemplated this when she was glowing with Lolotte's pastel magic. A pretty princess one second, and a powdery pile of salt the next! Poor Rosella. Next time, don't be so stupid! Innocent

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to rosellafan for this post:
  • Rosella

I have two, both from KQ4 since I never really played much of KQ7.

My first one is getting grabbed by the smallest of the evil trees, just to the right of the ogre's house.  Every other tree has pretty much the same death animation, with her pretty much just giving up and accepting it.  But when that small tree grabs her, you can actually see her make a vain attempt to struggle and even lose one of her shoes in the process.  It's almost like she's okay with those other trees grabbing her, but if that one does, OH NO!

The second one is knocking on the door of the aforementioned ogre's house.  This one really isn't so much Rosella being stupid, as it is the ogress being smart.  See, when Graham knocks on the witch's house and she's home, she'll say "I love visitors, especially young tender ones!"  Hearing that kind of response usually gives the impression that this person intends to eat you, and that you should run while you can.  The ogress, on the other hand, simply says "Just a minute!  I'm comin'!"  So Rosella doesn't know what to expect, before... GOTCHA!

How about the one where you forget or don't realize you weren't supposed to shoot all of Cupid's arrows before getting to Lolotte's room?  Heheh...that happened to a friend of mine...she had saved over her save spot too. XP

My favorite ending for Rosella of all time is when she's caught by one of Lolotte's guards and is forced to marry Edgar.  I love how she faints at the end, and having 'Old Lolotte as a mother-in law".  Ever time I play KQIV I make sure to get caught at least once Smile

My fave is actually a weird bug i had once and never managed to have it again.

Rosella was leaving the Ogre's house but the ogre was there, grabbing her by the braids...

And then when he was at the door, the door opened and the ogress took Rosella from his hands. He took her back but the ogress took her back again and so on without end lol.

Ogre - You should really take care of this wife of yours - Does she always take your meals from you??

(02-03-2013, 01:51 AM)The Ogre Wrote:  

Rosella was leaving the Ogre's house but the ogre was there, grabbing her by the braids...

And then when he was at the door, the door opened and the ogress took Rosella from his hands. He took her back but the ogress took her back again and so on without end lol.

I had a similar bug happen once, when the ogre appeared outside of the house and caught me, right as the ogress was coming home with the deer.  The ogress then dropped the deer and ran up to catch me, making a second Rosella appear.

Poor Rosella! Not only has she failed her quest, and has been invited to a dinner date she REALLY needed to say no to, but now she gets passed back and forth BY HER BRAIDS!? Guess Rosella didn't turn out to be the adventurer Graham was! LOL

(03-03-2013, 12:21 AM)Rosella Wrote:  

Ogre - You should really take care of this wife of yours - Does she always take your meals from you??

(02-03-2013, 01:51 AM)The Ogre Wrote:  

best one for me aside from the wedding to edgar was getting caught by a zombie when you don't have the scarab. If you haven't seen this death I recommend it lol