Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

The undead

Have you ever found them scary in any of the King's Quest games?  I personally couldn't help being more than a little creeped out by the Realm of the Dead ghouls in KQVI.  What scared me most about that place though, was finding the knight's body and wondering just how he died there of all places.  The ghosts in the original KQII weren't all that scary to me, except when I tried approaching them without the cloak or crucifix and had them turn me into a zombie Graham.  They were a lot scarier in the KQII remake though.  Not just in appearance, but the man ghost's voice as well.  Listening to him speak sent a chill up my spine the first time I heard it.  As for the undead in KQIV... well, the zombies did look kinda scary, but I wasn't too creeped out by the ghosts.  I'm pretty sure this remake will change that though.

And by the way, has anyone ever managed to get caught by a zombie in KQIV?  I know it's possible, but I've never been able to do it myself.

I surely hope people will get caught by a zombie in our remake.

We have a pretty cool graphic designer which I know loves the notion  :-)

(24-01-2013, 11:02 PM)Jack Stryker Wrote:  

Have you ever found them scary in any of the King's Quest games?  I personally couldn't help being more than a little creeped out by the Realm of the Dead ghouls in KQVI.  What scared me most about that place though, was finding the knight's body and wondering just how he died there of all places.  The ghosts in the original KQII weren't all that scary to me, except when I tried approaching them without the cloak or crucifix and had them turn me into a zombie Graham.  They were a lot scarier in the KQII remake though.  Not just in appearance, but the man ghost's voice as well.  Listening to him speak sent a chill up my spine the first time I heard it.  As for the undead in KQIV... well, the zombies did look kinda scary, but I wasn't too creeped out by the ghosts.  I'm pretty sure this remake will change that though.

And by the way, has anyone ever managed to get caught by a zombie in KQIV?  I know it's possible, but I've never been able to do it myself.

(24-01-2013, 11:02 PM)Jack Stryker Wrote:  

I definitely have been caught by the zombies in KQIV and it's really cool. Rosella's braids stand out on their ends as she turns all grey. She collapses to the ground, the slowly rises back up. And with her arms out, she begins to wander, joining all the other zombies. You get the message: "To wander forever is now your fate."

(25-01-2013, 08:07 AM)rosellafan Wrote:  

I definitely have been caught by the zombies in KQIV and it's really cool. Rosella's braids stand out on their ends as she turns all grey. She collapses to the ground, the slowly rises back up. And with her arms out, she begins to wander, joining all the other zombies. You get the message: "To wander forever is now your fate."

Wow... freaky!  Well, I've tried several times, but just couldn't get to night time without acquiring both the scarab and the fruit.

Check these out!

(26-01-2013, 01:14 PM)Jack Stryker Wrote:  

(25-01-2013, 08:07 AM)rosellafan Wrote:  

Wow... freaky!  Well, I've tried several times, but just couldn't get to night time without acquiring both the scarab and the fruit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Those are awesome, thanks! Rosella is DEFINITELY finished! I hope she enjoys her hair as dark gray straw!!! Surprised

I've never been caught by a zombie, but after reading all these posts I might just have to get caught by one just for the heck of it Smile